A console is a convenient tool in the PC version of Fallout new vegas console commands. It is useful for developing and quality assurance, but can also be used to play around.
WARNING: Using these console commands in the Steam version of fallout new vegas console commands will stop you from obtaining achievements for that session! To re-enable them, close the game and start it again. Make sure you do this before finishing a quest or goal. Moreover, alternating any of the values described here, different from those which are extremely minor (like adding items, experience, caps, etc.), will likely cause a distraction in your game. You have been awarded. So, click here to find out!
Read more: Fallout 4 Console Commands
Read fast the content you want
Fallout new vegas console commands from one point of view:
To link the console, use the backquote key (`) while playing (Unpaused). The backquote key shifts to tilde (~) on US keyboards, and the not icon (¬) on UK keyboards. Other keyboards will vary, but the key is normally to the left of 1, and just not above the Escape key (Esc). The key is the above-left key under escape (ESC), and on non-US keyboards. The HUD will be invisible and you will get a sign (|) in the lower left corner of the screen where you can fill-in code(s).
The game will stop, making you are not capable of looking around while using it -be sure to be looking at what you want to change, or open, etc.
The mouse will be in charge of a cursor, rather than take a move to the camera; and left clicking will choose those visible objects, rather than shoot them.
The left side of the console might be invisible if you are not using a widescreen display. In this case, type as many tabs as you can to move the cursor in before hitting your commands. They will still work.
Get into your Fallout new vegas console commands install directory, search for Fallout_default.ini (make sure it is not read-only) and unlock it in notepad. Then type ctrl+f to find the iConsoleTextXPos line and change the 30 to a larger number, 200 for example. This will make the console show up in the right place.
Note: Most commands are familiar with in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas because both games use the same engine.
Entering for help for the list of all fallout new vegas console commands.
Player Faction and Reputation:
- But reputation <base_id> <variable> <amount> – adds player reputation with issue, the value will increase at its normal maximum pride of somewhere above 15. The variable will give the decision if the amount is pleasing to the factions fame or infamy, 0=infamy, 1=fame.
- Removereputation <base_id> <variable> <amount> – wipes out player reputation with faction, the value will climbup at its normal minimum value of 0. The diversity will determine if the amount is attached to the factions fame or infamy, 0=infamy, 1=fame.
- Setreputation <base_id> <variable> <amount> – installs player reputation with faction, the value will climb up at its normal minimum and maximum values of 0 and 15+. The diversity will determine if the amount is attached to the factions fame or infamy, 0=infamy, 1=fame.
Add reputation 000ffae8 1 8 – attaches 8 fame to the Boomers faction.
Removereputation 000ffae8 1 8 – deletes 8 fame from the Boomers faction.
Setreputation 000ffae8 1 8 – installs fame for the Boomers faction to 8.
Note: If a player wishes to control an idolized reputation with any features, they must both increase fame value to above 15 and decrease infamy value to below 4.
Removefromallfactions – wipes player from all factions. Also deletes player from ‘Player’ faction. Use player.AddToFaction 0001b2a4 1 to fix.
Setally <base_id_1> <base_id_2> <variable_1> <variable_2> – installs factions allied statues with each other. The variable will take responsibility the statues of each faction to the other, 0=friend, 1=ally.
Setenemy <base_id_1> <base_id_2> <variable_1> <variable_2> – installs factions enemy positions with each other. The diversity will determine the statues of each faction to the other, 0=enemy, 1=neutral.
Sally 000fed3f 00154307 1 0 – will install Boomer’s allied positions for BoS to allies, and BoS allied statues for Boomers to friends.
Quest about Fallout new vegas console commands:
- CompleteQuest X – Complete the instant quest. (X = Quest ID#)
- Request X – re-ups the quest and deletes from your quest log. (X = Quest ID#) (WARNING: May make some quests unable to be finished such as killing the person that gave the quest).
- movetoqt – move the player to the latest quest target.
- Showquestlog – show the quest information, everything the player has maintained and done.
- GetQuestCompleted-checks if the latest quest is complete. If true = 0 false = 1.
- Sqt-list current quest aims.
Inventory and Item Manipulation:
- setweaponhealthperc X – installs currently set-up weapon’s health. (X = percentage of weapon health) For example “player.setweaponhealthperc 100” would fully repair the instantly equipped weapon.
- addperk P give player chosen perk (P= Id of selected Perk, for list of perks click the list of items here).
- removeperk P wipes the selected perk (P= Id of perk you wish to remove).
- additem I X – Get involved amount of the selected item (I = Item ID, X = amount of the item).
- additem F X – Get attached to the amount of caps (X = amount).
- Setownership – make the fraction yours by mouse left type on the items and hitting “setownership”(for instance a cabinet or a bed).
- Unlock – open doors, safes, terminals or any other locked containers. You can get the special ID of an item by typing on it while you have the console open, causing it to print out on the command queue, preferably after you click “unlock” and space. Please write down that the “unlock” command may not work on a very limited number of keys, safes and/or terminals. However, it will unlock anything that is meant to be opened in the core from the door/safe/container, and some more that are game taking down, as the elevator behind Benny’s room heads to a vault, and the doors that are not meant to be unlocked will head to bottomless gray pits. If you get into the pit it drops you to the stairs under the Vault 21 gift shop.
- Lock – lock doors, safes, terminals or any other available containers. Attaching a number after lock installs the difficulty. For example lock 1-25 would make up an easy lock, lock 0 a very fast, and lock 100 a very difficult lock. Lock 101 will turn the item into unpick-able (Requires Key).
- srm – Self-fix of items up to your instant repair skill. Note that you can’t fix all items in one order (‘A’ on PC) if the total cost of the fix is more caps than you core have, making you do fixing individual items until the total amount needed to fix all items in a single order, is less than your sum up caps on hand. Regardless of the plan, all caps “spent” on fixings are paid to you, netting a sum up the cost of zero. This is particularly handy before you sell tools, raising their price considerably.
- Setpccanusepowerarmor 1 –activate the power armor use; 1 = can use, 0 = cannot.
- “Actor” means to a class in which non-player characters, Creatures, and “Talking Activators” belong. These work on items and non-player roles both. If you kill a non-player role using the console, so the missions that involve this non-player character can lose, or change the future mission (Ex: If you kill Chief Hanlon before finishing the quest Return to Sender, you will not be able to put him into trouble of falsifying field reports. Because when you talk to Reyes, she will simply answer that it is impossible to know who is falsifying the field reports whenChief Hanlonis dead. No matter if you murdered him and resurrected him by the console later).
- Resurrect – survives non-player character.
- Kill – murders non-player character.
- placeatme X – Spawns Creature/Non-player role. X is the ID of the feature you wish to spawn.
- Addtofaction FX – Makes chosen non-player character a member of a different faction. Replace F with a faction ID. Change X with “1” to make the non-player role an ally of the faction or “0” to simply make him/her be friendly with it. Be sure to hit each character you want to add to the feature before entering the order. So, for example, to plus a non-player character to your own Player Character’s faction as a friend, you would first hit on them and then fill in add-to-faction 1B2A4 0. Remember you will then need to activate the stop combat function right away if the non-player character was already attacking.
- Removefromfaction F –wipes non-player role from a specific faction. (For example, delete from faction 1B2A4 will wipe him/her from your own Player Character’s faction). These previous two orders are useful when you need to make a hostile non-player character friendly in order to communicate to them/begin a quest related to them that you otherwise couldn’t begin. Add them to your faction, communicate with them & complete their task, and then wipe them from your faction and they will return to being hostile.
- Tcai -active all non-player character combat AI (the non-player character doesn’t fight).
- Tai -active all or selected non-player character AI (disables AI processing).
- OpenTeammateContainer 1 – Will unlock their inventory, as though they were a companion, for the turning of inventory items.
- Setrestrained X – Will cause an actor to stand in one area, not connect in combat or carrying out movement AI packages (though they will keep picking ‘think’ packages, such as recognizing threats and yelling alarms, as well as entering dialogue). Install X to 1 to restrain, and 0 to delete restraint, with desired NPC aims.
- Playidle X – Plays an idle, where X is the idle’s EditorID space (not the FormID). The numbers of EditorIDs are too many to list here.
- PushActorAway X Y -changes another actor (variable X, an Actor reference formID) to go into a ragdoll state and goes impelled away at a force of Y, away from the calling duty (selectable by entering on a ref in Fallout new vegas console commands mode or by using the ‘pride’ command).